Tarte Tatin Competition
The Annual Galvin Tarte Tatin Competition
- is back for the 7thyear
SATURDAY 8 JUNE
Gloriously sticky-sweet, indulgent and mouth-watering, the traditional French Tarte Tatin is the dessert of kings and a signature dish at the Michelin-starred Galvin La Chapelle. Widely regarded as the perfect Tarte Tatin, Chris and Jeff Galvin, have long since championed this traditional French dessert, passionately perfecting the recipe.
CALLING AMATEUR BAKERS
To enter our annual competition:
Chris & Jeff Galvin will then pick their favorites and invite them to cook their Tarte Tatin again and bring it along to an all-star judging that will take place at Galvin La Chapelle Saturday 8 June at 11 am.
There are some great prizes up for grabs, including:
Tarte Tatin for Life at Galvin La Chapelle
Our Galvin Tarte Tatin trophy
Galvin restaurant vouchers
Magnum of Galvin Champagne
Bottles of Galvin wine
The winner will have his or her name inscribed on the coveted commemorative Galvin Tarte Tatin mould that is kept on display at Galvin La Chapelle.
Our panel of judges this year will be:
Chris Galvin ~ @chrisgalvin8
Jeff Galvin ~ @jeffgalvin1
Richard Vines ~ @Richardvines
Clerkenwell Boy ~ @clerkenwellboyec1
Felicity Spector ~ @felicityspector
Simon Rimmer ~ @simonrim
Graham Hornigold ~ @ghornigold
Here is the Galvin recipe to get you started!
- Entrants to send an image of their apple Tarte Tatin via Twitter tagging @Galvin_brothers or Instagram tagging @galvinrestaurants and using the hashtag #GalvinTarteTatin
- Only apple made Tarte Tatin will be accepted
- The competition is for amateur bakers only
- There are no age restrictions for entries and younger cooks are welcomed
- The closing date to enter your picture is midnight Thursday 30 May
- Of the entries submitted, 10 finalists will be chosen and announced on Friday 31 May
- Registration for finalists on Saturday 8th June begins at 10:15 am and ends at 10:45 am
- Finalists must be available to attend the final at Galvin La Chapelle between 10.15 - 11:45 am on Saturday 8 June and must bring their apple Tarte Tatin with them to be judged